Monday, June 24, 2013

Today is salad day!

I have been craving for salad everyday for the past month, I'm surprised that I haven't lost any weight! However I been eating this salad with beef, chicken, or shrimp and I still can't get enough!

Spring Salad and Garlic Shrimp
Ingredients:

Baby lettuces (Baby green and red romaine baby green leaf lettuce baby green butter)Spinach, Chard any kind of greens that you like.
Cilantro (I use almost half of a bunch, but I love cilantro, so it depends on your own taste.)
1 hot house or cucumber
1 yellow bell pepper
2 carrots
4 radishes
6 or 8 cherry tomatoes
1 avocado
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt and pepper

For shrimp:
3 tbs of crushed garlicclarified butter or olive oil1 pound shrimp

Directions:
Reheat a pan with oil or butter. When it is hot, add the garlic. Be sure to stir occasionally so the garlic doesn't burn. When the garlic is brown, add the shrimp, then add salt and pepper to taste. When the shrimp turns pink, it is ready to set aside.1.-Mix all the greens, red lettuces, and cilantro.2- Cut the cucumber into thin slices. ( I don't peel mine, but if you like, you could peel it.)3.- Peel the carrots and use a julienne peeler to make little strips. Do the same with the radishes, or if you prefer, use a food processor. If you don't have any of these, you can cut really thin slices.4.- Cut the yellow pepper into little squares with a julianne peeler or a mandolin. I always have a hard time with it, so I just use my knife.5.- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Mix all the vegetables and mix in the lemon juice and 1 tbs of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.Now just slice the avocado and put it on top of the salad. Then add the shrimp and enjoy!














1 comment: